Thursday, February 5, 2009

More Break-Ups and Broken Hearts


I don't know all of the details, but it seems that both my son and daughter are dealing with broken hearts right now. My son and his girlfriend broke up recently--and I think the ex has moved on to another guy now, and my son is heartbroken. My daughter broke up with her "school boyfriend" the other day--it seems that there were some jealousy issues, but I'm not sure. It was all so casual an innocent anyway--she wasn't really "in love"--she was a bit sad, but not too heartbroken. Now, they need some time to reflect, learn from the experience, and move on. I don't think there are any real serious issues--neither one of them were in serious relationships--thank GOD at this age!! NO--14 and 16 seems to be the stage where they are just beginning to dabble in like/love/dating/breaking-up issues. I know the tougher times are ahead, though. I hope they give themselves plenty of time to figure this out as they continue to mature. I hope they realize that they just aren't emotionally ready for REAL love and REAL relationships yet. I think they are going to be just fine!

No comments: