Tuesday, January 13, 2009

His Teenage "Toy Store"


My son spent a long time in a really awesome music store the other day: Guitar Center. We have a few smaller music stores near our house, but we drove into the city and went to this one: it is huge! Watching him check out all of the cool stuff there reminded me of when he was little and I would take him to a toy store: the "toys" have changed, but he still gets just as excited about being surrounded by it all! Now I know that "boys and their toys" never really changes: the "toys" just get bigger and more expensive! I really enjoyed watching him "ooh" and "ahh" about things like amps, effects pedals, and other guitar accessories. They have more than just guitars there, too, so he checked out a LOT of cool things that he would like to have: he ALSO kept saying that he would LOVE to work there and maybe get a discount on some things! Since this place is far from where we live now, I don't think that would work out--but maybe we can find something just as good when we move. If my son could work in a big music store like this one, he would LOVE working!! He is really anxious to get a job soon, but transportation is definitely an issue. I keep thinking that he can do that once we move--we plan to live in an area where everything is either in walking distance or public transportation is available. Until then, an occassional trip to Guitar Center will suffice! :)

No comments: