Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Skating Party


My daughter went to a skating party this weekend. When I dropped her off, her friends were outside and I didn't go in the skating rink. When it was time for me to pick her up, I ended up going inside to find her. Boy, was that a trip back in time for me! OMG--the 70s were THE days of skating rinks, weren't they? Remember things like: couples skates, roller disco, speed skating, and doing the hokey-pokey? What fun!! For a while, I spent every weekend during my teens going to the skating rink! That was the place to be back then! Now, teens are less likely to go very much--I was surprised when my daughter told me about this skating party. It seemed to be mostly girls--not a lot of the "couples skating" and things like that. They had fun, though. And I enjoyed getting a taste of my youth by being in the skating rink--it was cool!

No comments: